Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mama's Day

A mama’s day…
Is full of mischief and grins
Her work seems unnoticed at times

She can’t comprehend
The generations she’s touching
Motherhood gets sweeter with time

A mama’s day…
Doesn’t end when she’s fifty
There are still walks to be walked

Mama’s are there
In the most desperate of hours
Tending to their sweet little flock

A mama’s day…
Should be sunshine and flowers
Not full of hurt and pain

Little she knows
God’s hand is at work
Hoping she’ll dance in the rain

A mama’s day
Is quite delightful
Holding her little ones close

She knows a secret
Life is what you make it
Each second matters the most
-J.N.Stevens, May 2009

I'm so greatful for all the mama's who have enriched the lives of me and my family.
Happy Mother's Day everyone.

4 comments:

The Johnsons said...

That is so sweet!

Joe & Lara said...

i love the poem (you wrote this, didn't you? :)
you are so sweet and talented. love all the cute pics.
i love mother's day too- i feel so blessed for our sweet children. it's the best day!

Tonya said...

I love this post! Moms go unnoticed and unappreciated way too often. What a beautiful way to celebrate us! You need to post a pic of how stinkin' skinny you are! I was literally in shock for like 2 days. ha ha I kept saying "Jeni is sooo skinny!" You look amazing! I can't wait to hang out! I'll call you tomorrow./

Lily said...

So cute. As I was reading I realized how much I have missed talking to you over the last 10 years. You're one of the sweetest friends I've had.