Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Favorite Things About Summer

1.  This little guy.  He is the essence of sweet.  I even look forward to getting up to see him during those 2 A.M. feedings.  Every time he wrinkles his forehead I think of his daddy and it makes me smile.


2. Having my Mama and Mirs come out.  I won't lie.  Having them come out made me completely homesick.  They are incredible women.  Right away they went to work cleaning, cooking and stocking our shelves with groceries.  They played with the kids, helped with the baby and kept us all entertained.  What a treat to have them with us!!  How I love these ladies.



3. Seeing my Pops.  I've missed his hugs...his words...everything.  Dad treated us all to a trip up to Two Harbors on the North Shore.  We stayed in the most BEAUTIFUL cottages, sat around the fire at night and played in the water.  Dad even treated mom and me to the most amazing massage I've ever had.  It was in a cottage right on the shore where you could see the lake and hear the waves crashing.  It was so peaceful and serene.  We also went to Stillwater while he was here and hit Nelson's for their gigantic Ice Cream Cones. 



4.  Experiencing this wild ride of having a baby with my husband and 2 little guys.  I don't know how Jeff does it.  Each and every time we have had a baby...they've struggled a bit to get breathing.  Jeff sticks by them every step of the way while I'm recouping.  He watches as the doctors/nurses work on them and comforts them through it.  He is my hero.  Secretly I'm glad I get to be in another room so I don't have to see them hurt.  He is way stronger than me!!  The boys have been the best little helpers and proudest big brothers you could find.  I can't believe how much they love Preston.  Will rushes to help with his diaper changes, and to comfort him when he cries.  Grant is constantly coming up to him and in a high voice exclaiming "Hi there!  How did you get sooo cute?!"  It's adoreable. 



5.  Blessing Preston.  Knowing my dear cousin had to bury her little baby girl the same week I had Preston made it somewhat of a bittersweet experience.  She was in my thoughts constantly...especially the day we blessed him.  My heart has ached for her.  But, feeling heaven so close through his little spirit just reaffirmed to me that the other side is closer than we think.  


  
6.  Looking forward to a move.  That's right.  We are hitting the road once again towards Cincinnati, Ohio.  This time we get a house to live in!  HALLELUJAH!  Seriously, this little townhome is closing in on us.  We are thrilled to get a backyard once again and have room to stretch.  Although we miss our friends and family immensely...we are so glad to have this opportunity to explore the U.S. a bit.  Love ya all!! 

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Congratulations on your sweet little boy! He is precious!

PatShala said...

I have been anxiously waiting for baby pictures! Thanks for sharing! Congratulations! Preston is so adorable and handsome. Jeni - you look so beautiful. You are such a sincere, caring, amazing mother. Your three boys are blessed to have you. I am so happy you are doing well. Good luck with the move.