Friday, December 12, 2008

I Am

I am...a devoted mother, lucky wife, & a goofball most of the time.
I think...I am blessed.
I want…to see the world in black and white, no matter how grey it is.
I have...everything I need.
I miss…my little brother.
I fear...letting myself down.
I feel...grateful for the “old soul” that I call mine.
I hear...silence, the boys are tucked away sleeping.
I smell...wassail.
I crave…peace in an unsettled world.
I cry...when I’m uncertain of the future.
I search...for ways to give back to those who show such kindness.
I wonder...if I’ll ever get back in my size 8’s.
I regret...letting things that don’t matter steal away my time.
I wish...I could buy Jeff a farm with a tractor he could ride on all day.
I love...Jeff’s welcoming arms, Will’s mischievous grin, Grant’s eyes full of hope.
I care...about where I’ve come from, those heroic people I call my ancestors.
I always...try to believe that people have good hearts (and intentions).
I worry...about paying off our debts.
I am not...very good at making friends..I want to, but let fear hold me back.
I remember...all the kindness Jeff’s parents and mine have shown us.
I believe... with work, I can keep the world out of my home.
I sing...to my boys every day, music brings beauty to my life.
I don't always…believe my husband when he tells me I look beautiful.
I argue...too much about things that have no meaning.
I write...for work, pleasure, and to relieve a full heart.
I lose...discouragement when I hold my sons in my arms.
I listen...to my boys laughter and feel whole.
I can usually be found...at home with my family.
I need...to prove to myself that I can finish what I’ve started.
I forget...that God is with me every day.
I am happy...for each of you I call family and friends.

Tag...you're it.

2 comments:

Kami said...

I love your answers. I think all of us feel that way about ourselves to some point. It is so good to read about others striving to be wonderful mothers and people. Especially in todays world.

Lily said...

Thanks for you nice comments the other night. I really liked reading this post. Hope you're doing well and happy Birthday :)