Monday, March 14, 2011

Sand Mountain


Scott & Bree invited us to Little Sahara last Saturday.
I was a little apprehensive at first.
Jeff's brother Mark had cut his mouth up pretty good last year 4 wheeling out there...and then there is the fatal accidents that happen there every year. One thing I did NOT inhereit was a dangerous streak. I like to be on solid ground. And while I love 4 wheeling...I prefer trail riding.

However, we went and had a great time. A few guys from their ward were there and cooked incredible dutch oven. It was my first time tasting elk and I loved it. Dad's business partner, Josh, spent the day on top of sand mountain waiting for the right wind to paraglide down. (Apparently he was blessed with the dangerous streak). :)
It was incredible to watch all the daredevils climb Sand Mountain. Stan (our dutch oven chef) even went up the mountain. I told Jeff not to get any bright ideas... I'm not about to be a single parent. Luckily none of us got hurt and we only saw the sand dune ambulance out there once to collect someone. It was such a fun & relaxing day. Thanks Scott & Bree!!

2 comments:

Court and Britt said...

Sounds scary but fun! The mom in me would be nervous too:) You are so cute to offer to come help us paint! If we ever get around to it I might have to take you up on that. I would love to get together sometime to do something fun with the kids or as couples/families :)

Tonya said...

OOh! Sounds like SO much fun!! Next time we're coming with you guys! You need to read my post..