Thursday, March 3, 2011

February

Last month was to me, the final chapters in a book. Grandma's book.
Being so closely immersed in her final year it was a difficult yet relieving end to watch. She reached the 50's in pounds and couldn't even remember how to fold a simple dishrag. I ached for her.
We all sat with her the day she died. As I took a turn talking to her, I told her how much I loved her and how I'm sorry I couldn't do more for her...I hope she understands.
Fortunately we were able to have her in our home for 6 months last year. It was hard at times, but I'm grateful to have had those memories with her.
I'm so incredibly filled with joy that she is home. Death is hard...however it is also a gift. It has a way of refocusing those that are left behind on what is really important. March will be a month of spending a little more time with my family and friends and not worrying about things that hold no value.
Although Grandma's book of life has ended, a much better one has begun for her. And for that...I am sooo incredibly happy.

4 comments:

Lily said...

So sorry. It's always hard to watch loved ones pass on. You're in my prayers and here's to wishing you a happy Spring :)

PatShala said...

I am so sorry. It is such a blessing to know that she is moving forward in Heavenly Father's plan for her. That is so wonderful that you were able to spend part of her last year with her.

Tonya said...

You are so sweet Jeni. You are a huge blessing to so many peoples lives. I'm so grateful to have you in mine.

kimbob said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you and your family are comforted to know you'll see her again and that she is in a much happier place. Sure love your family and please pass that along to your family as well