Friday, April 3, 2009

Help Wanted


So, I have always had a passion for writing. For years, I have been wanting to write a novel and this year I became brave enough to put the story on paper. It's coming along quite nicely, but I am stuck! This is where you come in.... I need a name for my little town. The book takes place in early 1900's...in my mind the town is a combination of Anne of Green Gables, Meet me in St. Louis, Pollyanna, and Stars Hollow.
If you can come up with the perfect name for me, I will send you some beautiful hand picked stationary. (I'm starting to collect stationary and am quite smitten.)
Thank you for your help!!

5 comments:

Kami said...

Aspendale, Mapledale, sorry, I'm not that creative. Sounds like fun. I would love to read it someday!

Tonya said...

Oh my gosh! I love the new pictures on your blog and the new look. And WOW I am so impressed and think it's perfect and wonderful that you are writing a book!! I hate that we've been playing major phone tag lately and that I always think to call you late at night. HOw are you?? It's been like a year. At least that's how it feels! I have no idea on town names, maybe Panaca. ha ha totally kidding. What about Sienaville, Graceville, Pride Bench, Nevaeh (Heaven spelt backwards, heard that on a show it was a girls name.) ha ha, let me know what you decide! I can't wait to read it. That is such a perfect thing for you to do. I told Jake once that I would love to write a book someday. I would just have no idea what to write it about. I'm so excited for you! What are you guys doing this weekend?

Tonya said...

Also, did you take the two new pics? If so, you need to also go into photography! Those look like such pictures of peace. I love it! I would seriously blow them up and hang them in my house. Did you take them???

Joe & Lara said...

wow, jeni! that's awesome that you're writing! you'll have to keep me updated if you get published- i'll be sure to buy your book! :) i'm so proud of you for following your dreams!
i don't have any good names... but the town i grew up in that had 300 people in it was called Mound, TX (it was right beside Flat, TX- isn't that funny??? :)
not very creative sounding for a book though.
Good luck!

Tonya said...

I thought of a couple more..Silver acres, golden acres, silveroak, paradise strip. ha ha good luck!