Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fresh & Fabulous!


I had to share...this is an amazing recipe. We loved it.

Carribean Chicken

Ingredients-
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed thyme
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon allspice
4 chicken breasts
2 1/2 small limes, juiced (you should have at least 2/3 cup juice)
1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

For the salsa-
1 can corn kernels, drained
1 large mango, peeled and diced (see how to dice a mango)
2 thin slices of sweet onion (Vandalia or Walla Walla)
1/2 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper to taste


Directions-
1. Mix the salt, thyme, paprika, and allspice together. Rub the spices into the meat with your fingers. Set aside in a shallow dish.
2. Mix the lime juice, fresh ginger, and vegetable oil together. Pour it over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for two hours to marinade.
3. Mix all the salsa ingredients together. Refrigerate.
4. Discard the marinade and cook the chicken on the grill or stove top. (A portable grill works nicely.) Serve hot with the salsa spooned over the meat.

Truly scrumptious.

5 comments:

Tonya said...

That sounds SO good! I totally agree about Spring. I am sooo sick of winter. I am really sad that I can't live close to you right now and share the Spring moments with you and the boys. It's funny how I can never seem to get over that. The other day Jake and I were talking about how nice it will be when he's done with school and he said "I don't think Jeff believes me but someday I want him managing my office for me." and all I could think of was us living by each other with our kids, our orchard and our animals. ha ha ha. With a fresh water spring dividing our land. I am crazy, I know, but I really do miss you so much all the time. I hope you're doing well and let's get together really soon! Love you!

Kami said...

Yummy. My kids like chicken so I will have to try it!

Tonya said...

ha ha ha your comment on my blog gave me a much needed out loud laugh session. I could totally picture Bessie the cow and I loved it. And then I really laughed hard when I pictured me telling Jake that one of the chickens was sick and needed his attention and the thought in his mind being 'oh well, fry it up for dinner.' ha ha ha ha ha I love you. Our imaginations are the best.

Scot & Sherri Bradford said...

I'm so going to try that recipe Jen...hey, that picture in Holden is beautiful, but it would be even more beautiful with two little boys in it...in overalls or something!!!

Annie and the Boys... said...

i/ve got chicken defrosting...and i'm trying it TONIGHT! love you cousin;)