Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Healthy Hearty Banana Bread


This recipe is my new favorite Banana Bread recipe.
It's healthy...for the most part, not too sweet, and each piece fills you up.
It makes a large loaf, or two small ones. The kids loved it! Enjoy.


Healthy Hearty Banana Bread

3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. ground flax (I get the Costco kind in the big bag & keep it in the freezer)
5 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 c. rice milk - can use skim milk as well
1/4 c. fat free sour cream
2 egg whites
1 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 - 1 c. coconut (optional)In my opinion, the more coconut...the better!

Mix everything together and pour into a greased bread pan. Pop it in a 350 degree oven for 70 - 80 minutes, depending on the type of pan you use. (My favorite most beloved pan in my kitchen is my Stoneware Bread Pan)...see below.
I got it for my wedding and life has never been the same. I use it weekly for my Honey Whole Wheat Bread. If you don't have one, ask for one for Valentine's day. You'll love it. It's from Pampered Chef, but I'm sure you could get them other places.



Happy Cooking!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I am MAKING THIS! Keep the recipes coming!!!